Spring has sprung and it’s a time to say goodbye to the snow and hello to the sunshine — and, of course, allergens.
If you suffer from allergies, spring weather may keep you inside trying to stay healthy. Unfortunately, your indoor air quality might be making the whole experience worse. The air inside of your home can actually have more contaminates than the air outside, up to 5 times more polluted according to the EPA. That’s a lot of allergens.
At RSC Heating & Air Conditioning, we have the best indoor air cleaning systems to help you stop the sneezing, sniffling and watery eyes. Let’s look at changes you can make in your home, as well as the indoor air solutions that can help you breathe easier.
How to Keep Your Indoor Air Clean
One of the best ways to make homes more energy-efficient is improving the seals, so hot or cold air doesn’t seep outside. This means that the pollutants and odors in your home have no place to go. Here are some ways you can reduce pollutants, or start to eliminate their sources:
- Eliminate indoor smoke. Secondhand smoke is a powerful pollutant, so make your home a no-smoking area. If you’re frying up something for dinner, consider opening a window to help vent the smoke out.
- Clean more if you have pets. Pet dander can do some major damage to your air quality, so you’ll need to vacuum more frequently and wash their bedding more often.
- Go green when you clean. Picking cleaners that lack harsh chemicals or strong odors will actually improve your air quality and lead to a better-smelling home. Some of the best options are DIY solutions that rely on salt, lemon juice, baking soda and more.
Indoor Air Solutions: Purification
While we can do a lot of cleaning ourselves, the air is full of particles that we can’t see or catch. Thankfully, you can still improve your indoor air quality with an RGF air purification system. RSC Heating & Air Conditioning provides a full range of options to help you clean your air, test it continuously, and then maintain a healthy atmosphere to keeps those pesky allergens away.
Your top indoor air solution is the RGF Guardian Air, a proactive air purifier that relies on the natural cleaning power of oxygen to aggressively destroy pollutants at the source. This means the air and surfaces in your home will be neutralized, so you and your family can breathe easier.
The RGF Guardian Air is an oxygen-based purification system that:
- Eliminates 99% of bacteria, viruses and molds.
- Reduces odors from pets, cooking and other sources.
- Targets pollutants in the air and on the surfaces throughout your home.
Watch this short video to learn why the Guardian Air technology is used by America’s largest doctor’s offices, public schools, restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, and hospitals.
Ready to get started? Contact RSC Heating & Air Conditioning, and start cleaning the air in your house this spring!