Introducing: Carrier Infinity with Greenspeed Intelligence
Carrier Infinity Heat Pumps
Featuring the company’s exclusive Greenspeed Intelligence technology, the current line of Carrier heat pumps has been designed to provide maximum efficiency for home and business applications. Unlike standard heat pumps, Greenspeed Intelligence allows Carrier products to precisely adjust their output based on the needs of your home. This means that, at any given time, your heat pump is working at exactly the level it needs to — no less, no more.
Because of this, a Carrier heat pump not only heats and cools your home more efficiently, but it responds better to extreme fluctuations in temperature.
Heat Pump Basics: What Is a Heat Pump?
Heat pumps take up almost no space in your home and can significantly lower your utility costs year-round. A heat pump works by moving existing heat energy between the inside of your home and the outdoors. In the winter, it transfers heat from the outside air, reducing the amount of work your furnace has to do to reach a comfortable temperature. In the summer, the process is reversed — hot air in the home is moved outside, lowering your cooling costs. A Carrier Greenspeed heat pump reduces your utility costs and helps achieve a desirable temperature faster and more efficiently.
What to Look For
An RSC Heating & Air Conditioning expert can help you choose the right Carrier Greenspeed heat pump for your home. Considerations include the size of your home, the age and efficiency of your existing appliances, and your budget. Some important factors include:
- HSPF and SEER: Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) and Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) are two metrics by which a heat pump’s energy efficiency is judged. A higher SEER or HSPF rating means greater efficiency and thus more savings on your monthly utility bill.
- ENERGY STAR certification: The best heat pumps are ENERGY STAR certified. A certified product is between 20-30% more efficient than industry standards. Currently, all Carrier Infinity Greenspeed heat pumps are ENERGY STAR compliant.
- Dehumidifier: Ambient humidity levels may not always be noticeable, but they play a larger role in our perception of comfort at home. A Carrier Greenspeed product does double duty as both a heat pump and a dehumidifier, further contributing to the overall efficiency of your heating and cooling system.
Three Steps to Home Comfort Savings
No matter where you live, heating and cooling appliances are a major contributor to your monthly utility bill. According to the US Energy Information Administration, over 48% of home energy usage is spent on heating and air conditioning. By upgrading your existing appliances to more efficient products, you can see considerable savings on your utility costs. Here are three ways a Greenspeed Intelligence heat pump by Carrier can save you money:
- High-efficiency heating and cooling: Carrier heat pumps with Greenspeed Intelligence deliver industry-leading efficiency whether heating or cooling. As a heater, Carrier products are rated up to 13 HSPF — that’s more than 29% more efficient than competing high-efficiency units, and 68% percent more efficient than most entry-level products. For keeping your home cool in the summer, Carrier pumps are rated to 20 SEER, meaning they have lower operating costs than most standalone a/c units.
- High-capacity heating: Superior energy efficiency is only part of the Carrier difference. Carrier heat pumps don’t just save you more, they also work better than any other product currently on the market. According to independent testing, Carrier heats pumps with Greenspeed Intelligence consistently deliver up to 86% more heat than similar products. This reduces the amount of strain on your furnace and ensures your home stays comfortable and warm, even in the dead of winter.
- Dehumidification: As noted above, moisture levels can greatly impact our perception of comfort. High humidity makes us feel warmer in the summer. That’s why Carrier heat pumps are available with a built-in dehumidifier. You’ll feel better at a less extreme thermostat setting, further reducing your monthly energy bills!
Carrier Greenspeed Heat Pumps in Lancaster, PA
A six-time recipient of the brand’s prestigious President’s Award, RSC Heating & Air Conditioning is your best choice for a Carrier Greenspeed heat pump in Lancaster, PA. Because of our area’s high humidity and regular fluctuations in temperature, adding a heat pump is an excellent option for homes throughout central PA. When you’re ready to upgrade your home comfort, contact RSC Heating & Air Conditioning for knowledgeable service and the best selection of quality Carrier products.